Covid-19 has had an incredibly devastating impact on many businesses, and in turn many parents have been unable to access classes, facilities and experiences they were looking forward to doing. It has always been a huge part of Grow Together that we offer friendly and welcoming classes to support parents in any stage of their journey and we feel very lucky that we were able to continue to do so during lockdown by moving our classes online. In order to resume in-person classes, there will need to be significant changes to the structure and content of our classes in order to adhere to Government guidelines whilst keeping the safety of both parents and their little ones at the forefront of our minds. We hope the changes below will help to ease any concerns you may have about stepping out into the world of baby and toddler classes, but if you have any worries, or would like anything clarifying, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at email@example.com
Here at Grow Together we are fully aware that families are keen to get back to a normal life as much as possible - but I think it's fair to say we are still a long way from this right now. All of the decisions we make have the safety of our families, babies, toddlers and children at the forefront of our minds. With this in mind, we have decided to keep the majority of our current rules in place regarding Covid-19 in order to reassure parents that we are doing what we can to keep our community safe. These will be reviewed on a regular basis along with Government guidance to ensure we are offering quality, safe classes to all our families.
All changes are adhering to current Government guidelines and advice and are updated frequently - these may be subject to change at short notice and we will endeavour to communicate any new changes to parents via email as quickly as possible.
Changes to in-person classes/courses due to Covid-19
1. Baby Massage courses will include a sensory bag including booklet, mirror, space blanket, maraca, scarf and oil for parents to bring along to each session – this will be included in the cost of the course. Other participants may also purchase the sensory bag at an extra cost or bring along their own items to use from home.
2. We will still be limiting places for all courses to ensure we can adhere to social distancing guidelines should families wish to.
3. If Toddler Yogis/Terrific Toddlers sessions require a sensory item, parents will be asked to bring one in from home if possible to reduce sharing of props.
4. There will be a large area of mats to use for each session - it is hoped that those attending classes will make their own informed decisions regarding social distancing and use of masks. Parents are advised to bring their own blankets for babies to lie on.
5. If you or your baby/child are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 or are feeling unwell, have received a positive Covid test result, or have been in contact with anyone who has symptoms or a positive test result, please do not attend class until you have received a negative test result and recovered from your symptoms. Unfortunately missed classes cannot be refunded.
6. Contact details will need to be recorded and stored for Track and Trace for 21 days after your last visit to the studio.
7. If there is a localised lock-down, all classes will be moved online using Zoom and we will endeavour to stick as close as possible to original days and times for all courses.
8. There has been a great deal of research into singing and it's viability during the Covid crisis - to keep everyone safe in classes we will minimise singing by using recorded songs where possible, and if including any singing, it will be reduced and directed only towards babies/little ones.
9. To reduce any potential cross-contamination from items from home, we politely ask parents to not bring pushchairs into the building - if possible please being babes in arms or car seats which can then be placed within your designated area. We do understand that babies come with lots of luggage at times and it can be difficult to move around, however we do appreciate your support with this! If you do need to bring a pushchair, please can we ask that it is 'parked' in the waiting area during the session.
10. During sessions, all parents and babies/children must wear socks - no bare feet. You are welcome to bring another pair of clean shoes or slippers if you would prefer to be wearing something.
1. Jigsaw mats and half -size Yoga mats will be sanitised after each session and left to dry naturally.
2. High contact touch points (such as door handles) will be sanitised after each session.
3. Hand gel will be available in various areas throughout the building – parents and children are reminded to wash their hands for 20 seconds and use hand gel on entrance and exit as well as regularly during the session.
4. Any props that are used in sessions that belong to Grow Together will only be used once before being sanitised appropriately - all plastic items will be cleaned in Milton while fabric items will be machine washed on a high temperature.